Welcome to Year 4 at Begbrook Primary Academy! Some of the learning highlights in Year 4 include:
- being scientists and studying the phenomena of sound and light. We will explore how sound and light travel; how we hear and see; and what happens to both sound and light in a vacuum.
- being historians and immersing ourselves into the blood thirsty world of the Saxons. We will discover how they lived, ruled and ultimately united England.
- being authors and reading a classic book by Roald Dahl (The BFG) as well as a modern classic (Varjak Paw) written by SF Said.
- being geographers and looking at the continent of South America and discovering why every world map is essentially wrong!
- being artists and learning how shade creates tone and how different textures make a drawing hyper realistic.
If government guidelines allow, children in year four will get the opportunity to visit the living rainforest and explore the flora and fauna of South America.
Please visit our Year Group Website for more information about our year group team, our photo gallery and our home learning:
We also have a year group mailbox and are happy to answer your questions: