Academy Ethos & Vision
“Believe, Achieve, Succeed”
Begbrook has a strong commitment to raising standards and helping all of our children to success.
Our school adopts a curriculum that reflects the aims and values of the school in the content and character of the curriculum. Our pupils show respect and tolerance towards others enabling them to make positive relationships with a wide range of people. Throughout their time at Begbrook Primary Academy pupils develop skills and values to be responsible citizens. The school aims to encourage pupils to appreciate our natural world as a source of wonder and inspiration and to play their part in maintaining and improving their immediate environment. Pupils are taught to value our wider school family as a resource for learning and to view home, school and the wider community as a partnership. Above all, the school aims to keep all children at the centre of all it does.
We aim to empower all of our children by:
- Developing mutually respectful relationships and strong relationships
- Learning and playing together in harmony
- Celebrating diversity
- Developing personal responsibility and independent learning
- Stimulating intellectual curiosity and critical thinking.
- Differentiating individual needs
- Developing their creativity and imagination
- Creating a healthy and safe environment and for them to know where to turn for support
- Achieving their full potential
- Enabling them to enjoy their learning and their play
- Developing their confidence and self esteem
- Encouraging them to have high aspirations for themselves
We believe we can achieve these aims through the following:
- A strong focus on learning and the highest quality teaching,
- A broad, balanced and exciting curriculum of the highest quality,
- A wide variety of enriching and challenging opportunities,
- A learning environment of the highest quality,
- Effective and inspiring teaching that actively engages all children in their learning.
- A consistently positive whole school ethos where encouragement, support and high expectations are evident at all times,
- Highest expectations of behaviour,
- Effective partnerships with parents/carers and all members of the community.